Working from home.
Some people are loving it...and some people are going nuts!
Here are 5 ways to make sure you are thriving at home:
1. Play uplifting music in the background
- This can bring the "coffee shop" vibe straight to your house.
- Negative energy is easy to come by these days. Getting a song with a positive message stuck in your head will improve your attitude throughout your day.
2. Move your body
- Have you heard of Peloton? Did you know that they offer more than cycling and treadmill workouts? They are offering a FREE 90 Day Trial of their app right now.
- We started using the app and love it! It's like having your own personal trainer at your house. Oh, and they have new classes on the daily!
- Here is the link: https://www.onepeloton.com/digital/checkout/digital-90d
3. Find a new favorite podcast
- Here is what we are listening to: How I Built This with Guy Raz
- This podcast not only shows you how some of your favorite businesses were built, but it gives you a behind the scenes look.
- It is great for this moment in time because you hear amazing stories of adversity and the triumph that follows. If you haven't listened to this, it is a must!
- Available on the podcast app, Spotify and at this link: https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510313/how-i-built-this
4. Walk outside
- This is by far easiest way to improve your day.
- 30 minutes walking outside can improve your mood instantly and also improve your focus when you get back settled into your work.
- We would suggest to look around, observe your surroundings and use this time to think. Music and phone calls can wait.
5. Dive into a new hobby
- Free time is running more rampant than ever before. Let's use it!
- Some our family just planted a salsa garden and they are growing everything you need to make beautiful fresh salsa. Count us in!
- We just learned a new card game that is bringing out our competitive spirit.
- A friend we know is making rap beats on their computer.
- I am sure there is something that you have always been interested in, but haven't had the time. Now is the time :)
The Vimco Team